Job Posting: Accounts Payable/Payroll (Full Time Regular)
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Accounts Payable/Payroll (Full Time Regular)
SALARY: $2,494.00 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these functions:
- Responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services, ensuring finances are up to date, staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner, and vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Specific duties for A/P:
- Process and monitor payments, and expenditures
- Receive and verify invoices, reconciling with purchase orders, internal approval documents, or the Local’s expense policy (whichever is applicable)
- Prepare invoices batches for data entry and processing a bi-weekly cheque run
- Month end journal entries of leaves of absences accruals
- Monthly reconciliation of the union’s credit card expenses
- Specific duties for payroll:
- Prepare and process a bi-weekly payroll
- Calculate salaries and benefits
- Monitor and update time banks
- Maintain confidential files and data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of previous extensive knowledge of and experience with AP/Payroll functions working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information. This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Minimum 2nd level in a recognized accounting program preferred or updated education on payroll compliance and fundamentals. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, as is experience working in a unionized environment, and working with collective agreements.
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone
- Be able to speak using clear, professional language and answer the telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team based environment
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry
- Experience in use of general office equipment
- Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure
- Be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Controller, and work closely with other members of the Finance department.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at email@example.com by November 2, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development