Job Steward Seminar
The 2024 Job Steward Seminar will take place from March 7 to 10, 2024 at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort.
MoveUP’s annual Job Steward Seminar is open to job stewards, executive councillors, and executive board members who have completed Job Steward Level 1 & 2 training or are registered complete the training in the months leading up to the seminar.
The seminar involves many different courses and discussions facilitated by MoveUP stewards and union representatives, as well as many other guest lecturers from around the labour movement.
The seminar also offers an opportunity for members to network with others within their own bargaining unit and others across the entire union membership.
2024 Course Offerings
- Facing Management Effectively
- Job Steward – Level 3
- Psychologically Healthy and Safe Workplaces through the CSA Standard
- Basics of Organizing and Campaigns
- Young Workers in Action
- Introduction to Union Counselling Course
- Navigating the WCB – From Prevention to Compensation
- How the Labour Movement can work toward Allyship on Reconciliation
Click here to see the course descriptions.
Becoming a Job Steward
Want to learn about how you can be a MoveUP Job Steward? Get in touch with your vice-president for more information.
Looking back at the 2023 Job Steward Seminar
Click here for a photo gallery.
Click here to read about Tejbir Basi, winner of the 2023 Ardell Brophy award.