After years of service, you have reached the reward for your hard work – retirement. Congratulations!
As your union, we wish you the best on this exciting next phase of your life. But retirement doesn’t mean that we have to lose touch.
Retired members can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a MoveUP Member Retiree package.
MoveUP is pleased to continue your subscription to our union’s magazine, the Local Voice, for free.
You are also welcome to become an associate member of our union, which gives you many of the rights full members enjoy such as:
- Membership to BC FORUM, including option for Accidental Death & Dismemberment spousal coverage
- Can attend social and networking events
- Can attend MoveUP council meetings and COPE SEPB conventions as observers with consent of the chair
- Can be appointed as delegates at the discretion of the president to Labour Councils, the Canadian Labour Congress and the BC Federation of Labour conventions
- Can attend MoveUP functions on the same basis as regular members
- Can serve on MoveUP committees
Visit the links below for more resources for retired members.
Other Retirees’ Associations
BC FORUM: The BC Federation of Retired Union Members is an association for retired union members. Pension coverage and post-retirement costs are an issue for many, so please also be aware of BC FORUM’s attractive benefits packages. Their offer is time-limited, so please see their website for more information.
CURC: The Congress of Union Retirees of Canada acts as an advocacy organization on behalf of union retirees and senior citizens.
COSCO-BC: The Council of Senior Citizens Organizations of British Columbia is the largest federation of seniors’ organizations in the province of British Columbia, representing seniors for over 50 years.