MoveUP Members at BC Hydro Ratify Collective Agreement
December 18, 2012
Burnaby – Members of the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union, local 378 (MoveUP) employed at BC Hydro have voted to ratify their tentative collective agreement.
The agreement contains an overall four per cent wage lift, staggered throughout the two years of the collective agreement.
Highlights of the tentative agreement include:
- April 1, 2012 (fully retroactive) – 1 per cent wage increase
- October 1, 2012 – 1 per cent wage increase
- April 1, 2013 – 1 per cent wage increase
- October 1, 2013 – 1 per cent wage increase
- Modest benefit increases such as expansion of immediate family to bereavement language and favourable changes to length of service
The agreement covers the period of time April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2014.
MoveUP represents nearly 2,000 inside technical, professional and administrative workers at BC Hydro.
Media Contact: Sage Aaron, 604-317-6153, firstname.lastname@example.org