MoveUP Executive Board Election Results
October 17, 2012
On September 14 the list of nominees for Executive Board positions were posted and an election was held for all contested positions.
There were elections for:
- The BC Hydro Executive Board positions (four candidates for three positions);
- The ABSU Executive Board positions (three candidates for two positions) and;
- The Fortis-Hydro Executive Board position (two candidates for one position).
The elections were held by mail-in ballot between September 21 and October 11, 2012.
I am pleased to announce the following successful candidates:
- Gwenne Farrell
- Calvin Jonas
- Rysa Kronebusch
- Nancy de Vries
- Melanie Greenlaw
- Stephanie Smith
Our heartfelt thanks goes out to all of the candidates who put their names forward for election to the Executive Board. Your participation was a vital part of our democracy and member engagement. Your efforts are appreciated and we look forward to your continued contribution to the union as stewards and activists.
The MoveUP Vice Presidents will be elected from the Executive Board by the delegates to the 2012 MoveUP Convention, November 15 – 17. Three Vice Presidents will be elected to represent the following membership constituencies:
- Utilities (BC Hydro, ABSU, FortisEnergy, Fortis-Hydro)
- Combined Units (Finance-Insurance, Transport-Shipping, Labour, Coast Mountain Bus, Transit, Miscellaneous)
For more information about the 2012 MoveUP Convention, talk to your Job Steward or contact the union office.
MoveUP Returning Officer