Job Posting: Organizer 2 (Full Time Regular)
July 6, 2015
Applications are herewith invited for:
Position: Organizer 2 (Full Time Regular)
Salary: $3,158.96 bi-weekly
In this role, the successful applicant will work closely with, and report to, our Senior Representative assigned to organizing.
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement. Additionally, a condition of employment is to supply your own vehicle, also in accordance with the collective agreement. Some travel within B.C. will be required.
If there are no qualified applicants to fill the position, MoveUP may consider applications for an Organizer 1 position.
Primary duties and responsibilities/critical tasks:
- Be able to research potential targets for organizing, and follow up on all leads
- Meet with prospective members
- Obtain signed membership cards
- Draft bulletins
- Effectively communicate and promote the Local’s vision and mission
- Organize and participate in meetings, demonstrations and rallies
- Mobilize workers and coordinate organizing meetings, actions and other activities
- Be able to handle media inquires with assistance with the Communications Office
- Able to train and assess worker union support and leadership potential for future growth
- Capable of running campaigns (organizing to certification) with minimal assistance, motivate and acquire committee members, and be able to work in a team of other organizers involved in campaigns
- Have working knowledge and capacity to learn collective bargaining, grievance handling and hearings
- Submit reports as required including advanced knowledge of systemic organizing, able to use charts and lists to gather, analyze and present information. Be able to track, compile, and analyze campaign data, continuously assess progress and develop plans on how to overcome barriers.
- Represent the organization at personnel related hearings, investigations, and in resolution of employee related matters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive previous union organizing experience essential.
- Experience with servicing, bargaining, and working with collective agreements would be an asset.
- College or University degree/diploma in Labour Economics, Labour Relations, Personnel Administration, Commerce, or related Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone.
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team based environment.
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure.
- Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset.
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com by July 20, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager