Job Posting: Administrative Assistant – Full Time Temporary (12 months)
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – Full Time Temporary (12 months)
SALARY: $2,283.00 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these administrative functions:
• Assist Union Representatives by setting up and maintaining bargaining unit files; compiling grievance information; updating membership information; maintaining contact lists.
• Contact Union Job Stewards and Executive Councilors and make arrangements for meetings and travel arrangements.
• Compose, prepare, format, and type correspondence, reports, forms and other documentation.
• Operate a PC and a full range of application software programs to a fully skilled level.
• Perform receptionist and switchboard duties as required
• Answer and direct incoming telephone calls and operating related telephone equipment.
• Perform general office duties as required.
• Input and maintenance of data and data related systems.
• Other duties as required.
• 2-4 years of previous administration/reception experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Good time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
• Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone
• Be able to speak using clear, professional language and answer the telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette
• Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team-based environment
• Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry
• Experience in use of general office equipment
• Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset
• Ability to take direction and work under pressure
• Be able to sit for an extended period of time
• Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.