- This event has passed.
Job Stewards – How to Welcome New Members to Our Union
March 16, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This event is intended for MoveUP job stewards, executive councillors and executive board members
New member orientations are one of the most important things stewards do for our members. When we take the time to talk to our new colleagues, we get a chance to introduce ourselves and our fellow stewards and to show them why being part of MoveUP is not just about work but also about being part of something special, a movement. These orientations and welcome sessions are critical to our long term success.
We encourage every job steward, councilor and board member to sign up for our New Member Orientation session. It is important that you feel comfortable talking to new members about MoveUP and that you are familiar with the tools available.
What we will cover in this session:
- Getting prepared to speak to new members
- Creating your own style and sharing experiences
- Tips on how to make your presentations interesting and engaging
- Understanding the purpose of these presentations and what we are trying to convey to new members
- Where to find the new member orientation presentation
- A walk through of the presentation to help you feel comfortable and confident with the material
New Member Orientations – How to Welcome New Members to Our Union
Date: Tuesday, March 16
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Register: Make the first step and register here. Once you have registered for the class, you will receive a second link to register for the Zoom login details.