Submit your resolutions to MoveUP Convention; Deadline is July 29
June 7, 2021
To: MoveUP Members
As members of MoveUP, we have the right to participate in our union’s democratic process and make our voices heard. One of the ways we can do this is by submitting policy resolutions to our triennial Convention. The deadline to submit policy resolutions is Thursday, July 29, 2021.
All members in good standing can submit policy resolutions even if you are not planning to attend Convention as a delegate. This year’s Convention will take place from October 28 to 30, 2021.
Resolutions can be on any issue that you want your union to act on. It can be regarding changes or amendments to our constitution, adopting a new policy on a specific subject matter, or a direct action like creating a committee or starting a campaign.
To submit a resolution:
- Identify the issue or policy you are focusing on.
- Determine the action you would like our union to take. This can be as simple as endorsing a policy or can involve our union acting in a certain way, such as forming a committee, holding an event, or adopting a major policy change.
- Draft a succinct resolution that briefly gives background on the issue and clearly defines the action you would like MoveUP to take.
- Define the action/policy at the end of the resolution in 1-2 sentences.
- All resolutions must be sent to the Executive Board, c/o Karen Caston, Director of Executive Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you clearly note your name and workplace on the resolution. All resolutions must be received by July 29, 2021. If there are any issues with any resolutions you submit, someone from our union office will contact you.
To find out more about Convention 2021, please visit moveuptogether.ca/convention2021.
David Black, President
Lori Mayhew, Secretary-Treasurer
Rysa Kronebusch, Vice-President, Utilities
Christy Slusarenko, Vice-President, Combined Units
Annette Toth, Vice-President, ICBC