2021 MoveUP General Election Results
August 31, 2021
To: All MoveUP Members
On July 20, 2021 the list of nominees for executive board positions were posted and an election was held for all contested positions.
There were elections for:
- Combined – Transportation/Shipping/Manufacturing (two candidates for one position).
- Note: One of the two candidates stepped down thereby acclaiming the other remaining candidate, Hani Dakkak.
- Combined – Finance/Insurance (two candidates for one position).
- ICBC (seven candidates for six positions).
- Utilities – BC Hydro Group (four candidates for three positions).
The elections were held by electronic ballot starting at 8:30 a.m. on August 9 and ending on August 30, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. after which the undersigned reviewed and verified the election results.
I am pleased to announce the following successful candidates:
Combined – Finance-Insurance:
- Graeme Hutchison
ICBC (in alphabetical order):
- Brenda Chu
- Bryan Finstad
- Brian Martens
- Dimitri Ossinsky
- Gunter Seifert
- Annette Toth
Utilities – BC Hydro Group (in alphabetical order):
- Anderson Charles
- Calvin Jonas
- Rysa Kronebusch
The complete list of the MoveUP executive board members for the three-year term from 2021 to 2024 can be found here.
Our heartfelt thanks go out to all candidates who put their names forward. Your participation is a vital part of our democracy and member engagement. Your efforts are appreciated, and we look forward to your continued contribution to the union as stewards and activists.
Election of Vice-President
The MoveUP vice-presidents will be elected from the executive board by the delegates to the 2021 MoveUP Convention taking place from October 28 to October 30, 2021.
Delegates to convention will elect their membership constituency vice-president by electronic ballot.
One vice-president from each of the three groups below will be elected to represent the following membership constituencies:
- Combined Units (Finance/Insurance, Shipping/Transport/Manufacturing, Labour, Transit, Miscellaneous)
- Utilities (BC Hydro Group and Fortis Group)
Nominations will open on Tuesday, September 28. Convention delegates should watch for a bulletin which will include a nomination form and further election details just prior to the opening of nominations.
MoveUP Deputy Returning Officer