Bulletin

WAVAW – Benefit Costs for Members


August 19, 2019

To: All MoveUP members at WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre


During the course of our negotiations, the Employer had identified to the Union that due to benefit premiums increasing dramatically over the past year, WAVAW would be moving to a benefit cost sharing model.  We have been in discussion with the Employer regarding this change, and as a result the Employer has provided the Union with a cost analysis reflecting the various amounts that will be in effect.

This translates to a cost share that has the Employer covering 70% of premiums and the employee covering the remaining 30%. The amount of the cost will depend on the rate of coverage that an employee opts for: Single or Family.

For instance, if an employee has benefit coverage for Life Insurance, AD&D, Dependent Life, Extended Health, Dental and LTD, the total monthly cost to you may look like this:

  Total Monthly Cost             70% (Employer Paid)                30% (Employee Paid)

   Single   $281.91                        $197.34                                             $ 84.57

   Family $510.54                        $357.38                                             $153.16                                                                                                                                        

We would offer that if you are unsure of the amounts associated to the election of your coverage, to speak with your Employer and if need be, consult with your Job Steward.

In Solidarity,

Cindy A. Lee

Union Representative


File Number: 19-WAVAW-BLTN-Benefit Costs for Members-Aug 19
Union Label: CAL:sh usw2009

 

Attached files:

No documents

Close Menu