MoveUP Job Posting: Membership Services Clerk – Full Time Regular
January 23, 2019
To: All MoveUP Members
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Membership Services Clerk – Full Time Regular
SALARY: $2329.00 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these functions:
- Day to day processing of accounts receivable transactions.
- Preparation and posting of weekly deposits from employers and cash payers in QuickBooks.
- Preparing, posting, and reconciliation of dues batches in database.
- Updating the monthly per capita and ability to meet the deadline for month end financials.
- Reconciliation and collection of missing membership dues and follow up with members.
- Preparation of accounts receivable membership collection letters.
- Ability to create adhoc reports using Excel with information from the database for Table Officers.
- Provide direction and instructions to members regarding the member portal.
- Reviewing and processing weekly membership cards and replacement cards.
- Answer incoming calls from employers and members.
- Continuous review of the database for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to trouble shoot and work with the employer on dues report file issues.
- Other duties as required.
- 2-4 years of previous accounting/administration experience working in a fast paced environment with knowledge of and experience with accounts receivable functions and procedures, as well as the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information. This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and member information.
- Diploma/degree in a recognized accounting program and experience with QuickBooks is preferred. Experience working in a unionized environment and working with collective agreements is also preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry.
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone. Customer service or CRM training/experience is an asset.
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team based environment.
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure.
- Be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset
The successful applicant will report directly to the Director, Finance and work closely with other members of the Finance department.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development