MoveUP Job Posting: Job Evaluation Appeals Representative – Full Time, Regular
February 15, 2023
To: All MoveUP Job Stewards, Executive Councillors and Distributors - Please Post and Distribute
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Job Evaluation Appeals Representative – Full Time, Regular
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement.
Additionally, a condition of employment is to supply your own vehicle, also in accordance with the collective agreement. Some occasional travel within B.C. and Canada may be needed, as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
This position is responsible for working in partnership with Senior Union Representatives and Union Representatives on matters related to job evaluation and job design, salary and wage administration, and grievances and appeals.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in administering and enforcing collective agreements by providing compensation advice and support in areas of job classifications.
- Conducting investigations of classification review requests and/or grievances, and consulting on job description development.
- Conducting job evaluation reviews in collaboration with Union Representatives.
- Researching and taking forward job evaluation and job design appeals.
- Working collaboratively with Union Representatives to research and develop job evaluation language for bargaining proposals, as needed.
- Handling all aspects of grievances, appeals and Labour Relations Board applications related to compensation, evaluation of job duties, and work jurisdiction.
- Maintaining good relationships with local officers and members in assigned areas.
- Other duties as required.
- Extensive previous job evaluation and/or compensation administration essential, as well as experience in job classifications systems. Experience and knowledge of the theory and principles of effective job design in an asset.
- Experience drafting and presenting grievances, appeals and Labour Relations Board applications related to job evaluation, compensation, and work jurisdiction.
- College or University degree/diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labour Economics, Labour Relations, Commerce, or related Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone.
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development
MoveUP represents more than 12,000 union members at public and private sector companies in Western Canada.
We are Local 378 of the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union (COPE/SEPB), which represents over 30,000 members, and we are affiliated with the BC Federation of Labour, the Canadian Labour Congress, and provincial labour councils. We are also affiliated with UNI Global Union and IndustriALL Global Union through our national union. For more information, please visit www.moveuptogether.ca.
MoveUP unites professionals to champion and advance the rights, dignity, and respect of all workers.
By organizing and mobilizing workers to strengthen their rights and pursue social justice, MoveUP is the union of choice.
As a progressive union, we provide a supportive and respectful workplace that enables the best performance of each staff member so that together we can:
- Activate our members
- Protect workers
- Promote solidarity
- Build a more just society
- Remove barriers to inclusivity