MoveUP Job Posting: Administrative Work Leader – Full Time Regular
November 21, 2022
To: All MoveUP Job Stewards, Executive Councillors and Distributors - Please Post and Distribute
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Administrative Work Leader – Full-Time Regular
SALARY: $2846.82 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Reporting directly to the President, and working closely with the Director, Operations and Senior Union Representatives, the Administrative Work Leader will be responsible for leading the efficient day-to-day workflow coordination of MoveUP’s operations administrative component.
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these administrative functions:
- Provide supervision, leadership, on-the-job training, and coaching of administrative assistants
- Ensure quality control measures
- Manage workload assignments, scheduling, and absenteeism
- Complete performance assessments
- Lead and participate in staff meetings to ensure administrative support efforts are focused on the organizational goals and objectives
- Ensure a proactive approach on internal processes through review and development of improved methods, including creating and updating training programs, as needed
- Supports a culture of cooperation and open communication between elected officers, management, and all unionized employees
- Provide support on special projects and initiatives
- Be able to input and ensure maintenance of data and data-related systems
- Be able to identify opportunities and reallocate resources as needed in consultation with the President.
- Perform general office duties as required, such as troubleshooting issues and reception relief, as needed
- Other duties as required.
- 2-4 years of previous supervisory experience working in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a unionized setting
- Previous education in leadership/supervisory courses, coaching, or conflict resolution preferred
- Ability to understand collective agreement language and the bargaining process is essential
- Proficiency with case management databases, electronic document storage systems or grievance handling systems such as Union Ware or Laserfiche preferred
- Ability to create and deliver formal and informal training programs
- Demonstrates excellence in time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that are clearly evident both in person and over the phone
- Ability to speak using clear, professional language and answer the telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team-based environment
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and online survey tools such as Survey Monkey
- Experience in use of general office equipment
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We value workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our internal application deadline date is November 28, 2022, but this position will remain open and posted until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development
MoveUP represents more than 12,000 union members at public and private sector companies in Western Canada.
We are Local 378 of the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union (COPE/SEPB), which represents over 30,000 members, and we are affiliated with the BC Federation of Labour, the Canadian Labour Congress, and provincial labour councils. We are also affiliated with UNI Global Union and IndustriALL Global Union through our national union. For more information, please visit www.moveuptogether.ca.
MoveUP unites professionals to champion and advance the rights, dignity, and respect of all workers.
By organizing and mobilizing workers to strengthen their rights and pursue social justice, MoveUP is the union of choice.
As a progressive union, we provide a supportive and respectful workplace that enables the best performance of each staff member so that together we can:
- Activate our members
- Protect workers
- Promote solidarity
- Build a more just society
- Remove barriers to inclusivity