Lu’Ma Native Housing Society – Tentative Agreement
April 15, 2019
To: All MoveUP Members at Lu'Ma Native Housing Society
Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement with your employer, Lu’Ma Native Housing Society.
Highlights of the tentative agreement include:
- 2 Year Duration
- Creation of new Categories 7, 8 and 9
- 2.5% wage increase retroactive for 2019 for Nanaimo employees. 2.5% wage increase for 2020.
- Accumulation of 6th week of vacation entitlement at 10th year of seniority, instead of 15th year
- Relaxed time limits for scheduling vacation outside of selection
- Inclusion of domestic\sexual violence leave under special leave entitlements
- Gender reassignment leave
- Paid employer-requested doctor’s notes
- Increase to sick leave payout to 30 days, instead of 25.
- Increased protections against personal and sexual Harassment in the workplace
- Increased on call premium
- Feminine hygiene products provided in all staff bathrooms
Highlights of the tentative agreement, specific to Heatherlands employees, include :
- Paid Christmas bonus
- Paid lunch period
- Increased vacation entitlements
- Increased statutory holidays
- Special leave entitlement
- Sick leave pay
- Wage indemnity\short term\long term disability plan enrollment
- Enrollment in Lu’Ma extended health benefit plan
- Employer matched RRSP
- Maternity supplemental unemployment benefit
- AD&D insurance
Your bargaining committee is strongly recommending ratification of the tentative collective agreement.
The tentative agreement can be found here for your review.
We will be holding a meeting on April 29, 2019 in order to review the tentative agreement with you. This will also be your opportunity to vote on the tentative agreement. The vote will be conducted by secret ballot. The ballot count is currently scheduled for May 2, 2019.
The meeting details are as follows:
DATE: April 29, 2019
TIME: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
PLACE: Lu’ma Nanaimo – Conference Room
DATE: April 29, 2019
TIME: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
PLACE: Lu’ma Heatherlands – Lunch Room
Your Bargaining Committee:
Tosha Lheritier, Committee Member
Nathan Beausoleil, Union Representative