Job Steward Training Webinars
March 1, 2021
To: MoveUP JS, EC & EB
We know that being a job steward requires you to wear many hats, from filing grievances to conducting/attending steward meetings to welcoming new members. Your dedication, and ability to switch modes on a moment’s notice, is inspiring and deeply appreciated.
To help you succeed we are offering some continuing education webinars this spring.
- New Member Orientations – How to Welcome New Members to Our Union
Tuesday, March 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Register here
- Using Zoom as a Meeting Tool
Tuesday, March 30, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Register here
As well, we will be hosting other sessions as we move into spring. Registration information and confirmed dates will be announced in the future.
- Job Steward Level 1 – This is a four-part series on April 14, 21, 28 and May 5, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Job Steward Level 2 – This is a four-part series on May 19, 26, June 2 and 9, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Demystifying the Electoral Process at MoveUP – May 25, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Open to all members
- Understanding our LTD Plan – Ideal for ICBC, CMBC and Canadian Northern Shield members. Date and time TBD.
- Connecting Job Stewards to Health and Safety – Multiple day course. Dates and times TBD.
- Supporting Our Members in a Moment of Crisis with 211 – Hosted by the United Way of the Lower Mainland. Dates and times TBD.
Co-chairs, Education Committee
Annette Toth, Vice-President, ICBC
Christy Slusarenko, Vice-President, Combined Units
Rysa Kronebusch, Vice-President, Utilities