Job Steward Level One & Two dates
January 7, 2021
To: All registered MoveUP Job Stewards
The Education Committee is pleased to offer once again our online version of Job Steward Level One and Two. We have room for up to 25 participants per class (2 classes per course).
Level Two – If you have previously taken Job Steward One and are looking to strengthen your steward skills, this four-part online course is for you!
- Session 1 – Wednesday, January 20 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 2 – Wednesday, January 27 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 3 – Wednesday, February 3 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 4 – Wednesday, February 10 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Register Here for Job Steward Level TWO – Deadline is January 13, 2021
Level One – If you have are a new Job Steward or if you need a refresher, register for this four-part online course to learn the basics in how to become an advocate for you and your colleagues.
Please read what you will need in order to participate.
- Session 1 – Thursday, February 4 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 2 – Thursday, February 11 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 3 – Thursday, February 18 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Session 4 – Thursday, February 25 – 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Register Here for Job Steward Level ONE – Deadline is January 28, 2021
What you will need to participate:
Access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and camera. A quiet space where you can concentrate and learn for ninety minutes at a time. These sessions will be most effective when we can all see and hear one another! We want participants to be active learners so being able to see and hear everyone will make the learning far more effective for everyone (an iPhone will limit your participation and possibly unproductive).
If these are regularly scheduled working hours for you we will provide a leave of absence to your employer in order that you can participate. If your employer requires more than one week’s notice, please register early in order that we may ensure approval.
MoveUP Education Committee
Christy Slusarenko, Vice-President, Combined Units
Rysa Kronebusch, Vice-President, Utilities
Annette Toth, Vice-President, ICBC