BCH & Powertech – Volunteer needed – MOU #88 – Indigenous employment and training committee.
May 10, 2021
To: All MoveUP members at BCH & Powertech
MoveUP is looking for a volunteer to work with your union and the employer on MOU #88, the Indigenous employment and training committee.
This committee will work on defining the terms of reference, scope and frequency of meetings.
- Subject to further discussion, the Committee will work together to:
- Discuss, understand, and identify the shared interests of BC Hydro, the Union, and our employees/members as it relates to Indigenous employment and training.
- Share strategies and approaches to facilitate Indigenous employment and training, in alignment with broader diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Identify the current systemic barriers to employment and training that exist for Indigenous peoples in relation to BC Hydro.
- Explore creative solutions to overcoming these barriers, including piloting and implementing new approaches or programs.
- Seek ways to advance training and work experience programs within the existing collective agreements, and ensure the interpretation of specific provisions meet mutual objectives.
- Endorse and facilitate workplace awareness efforts that advance cultural safety including initiatives such as Indigenous cultural awareness training.
Truth and reconciliation, these are not just words, it is a movement, and movement means action. MoveUP is committed to ensure these words are actioned, and that these words continue to be spoken.
If you are interested in participating, please forward to Rysa Kronebusch (email@example.com), your expression of interest by May 14th, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
All are welcome to respond to this expression of interest, as this is specific to the indigenous community and preference will be given to those who self-identify.
Rysa Kronebusch, Vice-President Utilities