2020 Executive Councillor Election
*Important note: Extension for updating emails & Member Portal registration*
Members who have not yet updated their personal email address with our membership department, and set up their Member Portal account, will encounter difficulties with casting their ballot.
MoveUP has extended the deadline to register for the Member Portal to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15. You must follow the registration process as follows:
- Contact membership department staff (call 604-299-0378 or email@example.com) to provide your updated personal email address no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15.
- Register for the Member Portal (see section below on How to register for the member portal)
Any member eligible to vote in the contested elections will not be able to register a new address after this deadline and will therefore be ineligible to vote.
What is the Executive Council Election?
Every three years, MoveUP holds elections for all Executive Councillor positions in all areas across our union. Each Executive Councillor position has a specific constituency of members that they represent.
All Executive Councillor positions are for a three-year term. The 2020-2023 Executive Council positions will commence on April 30, 2020 and end on April 29, 2023.
Executive Councillors are viewed as leaders in their workplaces. They are individuals who are active and engaged and want to get more involved in the governance of our union. Along with their regular job steward responsibilities, they also attend five annual meetings and are responsible for our union’s governance including approving our annual operating budget.
How do I vote in the Executive Council Election? (Voting opens on April 6)
Electronic voting will be open beginning on Monday, April 6 at 8:30 a.m. and will close at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28.
You can cast your vote by logging on to the Member Portal any time during the voting period.
Acclaimed, Contested, and Vacant Positions
Please click here for the full list of acclaimed, contested, and vacant positions for all council areas.
Candidates were acclaimed in Executive Council areas where only one nomination for an eligible candidate was received. Vacant positions are in areas where there were no eligible nominations received. A by-election for each of the vacant areas will be held at a later date.
Information for Contested Elections
The following is a list of all Executive Council areas with a contested election. Please click on each link to see the candidate information.
- MoveUP members at Dollar Thrifty and Hertz Canada Ltd.
- SHEN NANDEN and SUNIL NAND have been elected.
- MoveUP members at BC Nurses Union.
- PAM BURNS has been elected.
- MoveUP members at BCGEU at Lower Mainland office, Burnaby HQ.
- GAGAN GILL has been elected.
- MoveUP members at FortisBC CSC at Kelowna Springfield, Prince George Contact Centre, and Trail Esplanade.
- COLLEEN RAYNER has been elected.
EC Area #1642-1643
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Cranbrook Claims Services, Cranbrook Kootenay Dist. DL Office, Kelowna Claims Centre, Kelowna Interior Regional Operations, Nelson Driver Licensing Services, Penticton Branch Office, Penticton DSC, Trail Claims Centre, Vernon Salvage, Vernon Claims Services, and Vernon Driver Licensing Services.
- Due to the withdrawal of one of the candidates, AMANDA GRABOWSKY and YVONNE THOMPSON were acclaimed.
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Richmond Driver Licensing Office, Richmond Claims Services, and Richmond Integrated Traffic Camera Unit.
- RONNIE HO has been elected.
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Victoria Operations, Victoria McKenzie DSC, and Victoria Wharf Street DLO.
- NATHAN SCHMIDTKE and DENISE HALL have been elected. A separate election will be held for the third spot between two of the candidates, STEPHANIE VILLENEUVE and MARIO LOPEZ, who were tied in votes.
- MARIO LOPEZ has been elected in a run-off election.
EC Area #1206-1213
- MoveUP members at Accenture at Burnaby Edmonds Annex, C01 Pod C-1st Floor, C02 Pod C-2nd Floor. Members employed at BC Hydro at Edmonds A01 Pod A 1st Floor, A02 Pod A 2nd Floor, A03 Pod A 3rd Floor, Annex, Annex W1, Annex W3, B01 Pod B 1st Floor, B02 Pod B 2nd Floor, B03 Pod B 3rd Floor, B-P2, C01 Pod C 1st Floor, C02 Pod C 2nd Floor, C03 Pod C 3rd Floor, Operation Centre 1, Operation Centre 2, Tower 4th to 16th Floor.
- These areas have eight at-large positions. Two of these councillor positions are currently filled.
- BARB TRATHEN was acclaimed.
EC Area #1435
- MoveUP members at BCGEU in Victoria, Fort St. John, Cranbrook, Prince George, Kelowna, Williams Lake, Terrace, Castlegar, Kamloops, Fraser Valley, Nanaimo.
- AMELIA PETERSON was acclaimed.
EC Area #1449-1452
- MoveUP members at Capilano University.
- These areas have four at-large positions. Three of these councillor positions are currently filled.
- SUZANNE PERREAULT was acclaimed.
EC Area #1460-1462
- MoveUP members at Coastal Community Credit Union.
- These areas have three at-large positions. One of these councillor positions are currently filled.
- LAURIE KIRK and HEATHER HEALY were acclaimed.
EC Area #1471
- MoveUP members at BC Federation of Labour, BC Ferry & Marine Workers Union, BC Regional Council of Carpenters, Boilermakers Local 191, IBEW Local 230, Marine & Boilermakers Local 1, Service Employees International Union Local 2, Telecommunications Workers Union, Telecommunications Workers Pension Plan, Unifor Local 1928, Unifor Local 114, United Fishermen & Allied Workers Union.
- MARK MISIC was acclaimed.
EC Area #1528
- MoveUP members at FortisBC Inc. at KEL Benvoulin Kelowna, KEL Enterprise Kelowna, Oliver, KEL Springfield, Penticton Commercial.
- DEAN TEMME was acclaimed.
EC Area #1534-1535
- MoveUP members at FortisBC Energy Inc. at Abbotsford Muster, Burnaby Ops, Burnaby Stores 1, Burnaby Stores 2, Burnaby Home, Chilliwack Muster, Cranbrook, FBC Centre, Kamloops, Kelowna, Langley Muster, North Vancouver, Penticton Commercial, Penticton Okanagan, Port Coquitlam Muster, Prince George, Richmond Muster, Trail, Vernon, Willingdon Contract Centre 3rd Floor.
- These areas have two at-large positions for nomination.
- MICHELLE SIMISTER was acclaimed.
EC Area #1537
- MoveUP members at FortisBC CSC at Willingdon Contact Centre 3rd Floor, Willingdon Contact Centre 4th Floor.
- MYRA MCINTOSH was acclaimed.
EC Area #1542-1544
- MoveUP members at TransLink.
- These areas have three at-large positions. One of these councillor positions is currently filled.
- GABE VAN BERGEN was acclaimed.
EC Area #1616
- MoveUP members at ICBC Burnaby Claims Centre.
- JASON CHANG was acclaimed.
EC Area #1625
- MoveUP members at ICBC at North Vancouver Capilano Claims Centre, North Vancouver DLO, Sechelt Claims Centre, Squamish Claims Centre.
- JAN WEST was acclaimed.
EC Area #1651-1657
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Surrey Guildford Corp. Centre 1st to 6th Floor
- These areas have seven at-large positions. Four of these councillor positions are currently filled.
- GREG CORDICK, KYLE MACDONALD, and UMIE SHALMA were acclaimed.
How to register for the Member Portal
There is a two-step verification process for registration for the Member Portal. You will require your membership number to register for the Member Portal. If you do not have your membership number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Membership Card Request” and include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Employer and Work Location
- Home or cell phone number
- Personal email address
- Mailing address (Please ensure this is your residential mailing address, not your workplace mailing address. We will not send your membership card to your workplace.)
Your membership card will include your membership number.
IMPORTANT: When you log in to the Member Portal, double-check to ensure your work location listed is accurate. If you notice your work location is incorrect, please contact our Membership Department at 604-299-0378 or 1-800-665-6838 immediately as Executive Council positions are assigned by work location(s) and you are only able to eligible to vote in an Executive Council election that represents your area.
The Vote-Counting Procedure
Votes are tabulated electronically and released to the Returning Officer. Each candidate is permitted to have a scrutineer present for the release of the results.