2020 Executive Councillor Election
What is the Executive Council Election?
Every three years, MoveUP holds elections for all Executive Councillor positions in all areas across our union. Each Executive Councillor position has a specific constituency of members that they represent.
All Executive Councillor positions are for a three-year term. The 2020-2023 Executive Council positions will commence on April 30, 2020 and end on April 29, 2023.
Executive Councillors are viewed as leaders in their workplaces. They are individuals who are active and engaged and want to get more involved in the governance of our union. Along with their regular job steward responsibilities, they also attend five annual meetings and are responsible for our union’s governance including approving our annual operating budget.
How do I vote in the Executive Council Election? (Voting opens on April 6)
Electronic voting will be open beginning on Monday, April 6 at 8:30 a.m. and will close at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28.
You can cast your vote by logging on to the Member Portal any time during the voting period.
Acclaimed, Contested, and Vacant Positions
Please click here for the full list of acclaimed, contested, and vacant positions for all council areas.
Candidates were acclaimed in Executive Council areas where only one nomination for an eligible candidate was received. Vacant positions are in areas where there were no eligible nominations received. A by-election for each of the vacant areas will be held at a later date.
Information for Contested Elections
The following is a list of all Executive Council areas with a contested election. Please click on each link to see the candidate information.
- MoveUP members at Dollar Thrifty and Hertz Canada Ltd.
- MoveUP members at BC Nurses Union.
- MoveUP members at BCGEU at Lower Mainland office, Burnaby HQ.
- MoveUP members at FortisBC CSC at Kelowna Springfield, Prince George Contact Centre, and Trail Esplanade.
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Cranbrook Claims Services, Cranbrook Kootenay Dist. DL Office, Kelowna Claims Centre, Kelowna Interior Regional Operations, Nelson Driver Licensing Services, Penticton Branch Office, Penticton DSC, Trail Claims Centre, Vernon Salvage, Vernon Claims Services, and Vernon Driver Licensing Services.
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Richmond Driver Licensing Office, Richmond Claims Services, and Richmond Integrated Traffic Camera Unit.
- MoveUP members at ICBC at Victoria Operations, Victoria McKenzie DSC, and Victoria Wharf Street DLO.
How to register for the Member Portal
There is a two-step verification process for registration for the Member Portal. You will require your membership number to register for the Member Portal. If you do not have your membership number, please email email@example.com with the subject “Membership Card Request” and include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Employer and Work Location
- Home or cell phone number
- Personal email address
- Mailing address (Please ensure this is your residential mailing address, not your workplace mailing address. We will not send your membership card to your workplace.)
Your membership card will include your membership number.
IMPORTANT: When you log in to the Member Portal, double-check to ensure your work location listed is accurate. If you notice your work location is incorrect, please contact our Membership Department at 604-299-0378 or 1-800-665-6838 immediately as Executive Council positions are assigned by work location(s) and you are only able to eligible to vote in an Executive Council election that represents your area.
The Vote-Counting Procedure
Votes are tabulated electronically and released to the Returning Officer. Each candidate is permitted to have a scrutineer present for the release of the results.