CMAWBC – Bargaining Update
March 19, 2021
To: MoveUP members at CMAWBC
Your Bargaining Committee is pleased to confirm that the Parties have agreed to terms for a renewal Collective Agreement.
Highlights of the new Agreement:
Three year term – January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2023
Wage increases as follows:
- February 1, 2021 – 2% (retroactive)
- January 1, 2022 – 2%
- January 1, 2023 – 1.75%
- New Category 5 Classification of Office Accountant/Controller
- Gender Transition Leave
- Confirmed the increase in benefits contributions from $2.35/hour to $2.45/hour.
- New Expedited Arbitration Language
- Increase in severance for automation reasons to a maximum of 32 weeks.
The package can be viewed here.
Membership meeting and voting:
Full Membership Telephone Meeting
Tuesday, March 23,
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This will be held via teleconference, login details will be emailed to your home email.
Please watch for the next bulletin with voting instructions. Voting begins through the member portal on March 23, at 6:30 p.m. closing March 24, at 4 p.m.
Noel Gulbransen, Union Representative
April Young, Union Representative