MoveUP Job Posting: Accounting Analyst – Full Time Regular
January 23, 2019
To: All MoveUP Members
APPLICATIONS ARE HEREWITH INVITED FOR:
POSITION: Accounting Analyst – Full Time Regular
SALARY: $2624.00 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these functions:
- Day to day processing of accounts receivable transactions in membership services.
- Preparing, posting, and reconciliation of dues batches in database.
- Updating the monthly per capita and ability to meet deadlines for month end financials.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Liaison with external auditors on year-end audit and assist with documents, as needed.
- Continuous review of the database and accounting program for accuracy and completeness.
- Receiving, posting and generating reports for deposit cheques coming in for all dues accounts.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports using Excel with information from the accounting system and database as required.
- Provide back up support for accounts payable/payroll duties, as required.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years of previous experience in full cycle accounting, including preparing books for year end, bank/other reconciliations, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information. This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and member information. CGA level 3 / 4 or equivalent preferred.
- Must be proficient in Simply Accounting and/or QuickBooks, along with high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry.
- Experience working in a unionized environment and working with collective agreements is also preferred.
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone. Customer service or CRM training/experience is an asset.
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to take direction, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset
The successful applicant will report directly to the Director, Finance and work closely with other members of the Finance department.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development