FBC/FBCE – Common Employer Update
February 1, 2021
To: All MoveUP Members at FortisBC & FortisBC Energy Inc.
Implementation of FortisBC Collective Agreement
We write to inform you that the FortisBC Collective Agreement will be implemented as of February 1, 2021, and we will continue to work through any issues that may arise. For instance, we are still working through the opening up of the 2021 Flex Benefits for the LOU#42 employees and when this will be able to come into effect.
What Will This Mean?
As of February 1, 2021, the FortisBC Collective Agreement (see link here), will be the collective agreement in place for the MoveUP single bargaining unit now known as FortisBC.
- The general wage increase, and 2% lump sum payment has already been actioned for the LOU#42 employees.
- The Seniority List will be dovetailed and available to members on Connector.
- The Company will now be posting positions under the FortisBC collective agreement. These job postings will be open to all employees in the MoveUP bargaining unit. The job posting will list the rate of pay as outlined in the FortisBC wage grid, and if an LOU#42 employees wishes to bid on the job posting, they will be able to do so. If selected for an interview, an LOU#42 employee will be advised prior to an interview whether or not they will be required to come out of the LOU#42 if they elect to take the position.
- Statutory Holiday language will now be in effect, which now means that the two floater days that the LOU#42 received before, are now fixed holidays, those are Family Day and Easter Monday.
- LOU#42 employees will now receive a 15-minute coffee break.
- All first aid attendants receive the same rate of compensation, this is an increase for the first aid attendants that were in the FortisBC Energy Inc./MoveUP collective agreement effective January 1, 2021.
- Improved compensation for Moving Allowances comes into effect for members who were covered by the FortisBC Energy Inc./MoveUP collective agreement effective January 1, 2021.
- Effective January 1, 2021 there is one “sunset clause” for all MoveUP bargaining unit members, and that is eighteen (18) months. This means any letters of discipline, adverse disciplinary and/or performance notations are to be removed after eighteen (18) months.
These are just a few of the changes, as there are more, and we encourage you to read through the collective agreement. We continue to work with the Company to understand the processes that will need to be put in place and will apprise you of any new developments.
We appreciate that their may be situations or scenarios that may arise, and we will take every opportunity to discuss such issues, and failing a reasonable conclusion, we are left with our right to grieve the Company’s actions if such action is deemed to be a violation of the Collective Agreement.
We anticipate some growing pains as we all get use to the FortisBC Collective Agreement, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your job steward.
Cindy A. Lee