BCCNP – Bargaining Update
July 9, 2020
To: All MoveUP Members at British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
Your Bargaining Committee is pleased to confirm that the parties have agreed to terms for a new collective agreement, the first agreement to be negotiated since the formation of the BCCNP!
Highlights of the new agreement
• Four year term – January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2023
• Wage increases as follows:
• January 1, 2020 – 2% (retroactive)
• January 1, 2021 – 2%
• January 1, 2022 – 2%
• January 1, 2023 – 2.5%
• Ability to change start time to as early as 0700 and stop time to as late as 1730 upon mutual agreement of the Employer and the employee.
• Gender Transition Leave
• Domestic or Sexual Violence Leave
• Compassionate Care Leave
• Increase of hours for Medical, Dental appointments to 14 hours per year, with no restrictions on occasions.
Here is a copy of the BCCNP – MoveUP MOA -pg 8.
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2020
Time: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Telephone Townhall Meeting: Direct Dial-in numbers: 604 899-2339 or 1-877-385-4099 and Access Code: 1949903#
How you vote
To vote, simply log in to the Member Portal and you will see the option to vote on the screen. If you are having difficulty signing in to the Member Portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t already registered for your account, you will need your membership number and click here, do so before July 16.
Voting opens: Friday, July 17, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
Voting closes: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at noon.
If you have any questions, please see your bargaining committee.
Maxine Munro, Job Steward
Pat La Vac, Job Steward
Noel Gulbransen, Union Representative