Job Posting: Union Representative 2 (Full-Time Temporary)
Applications are herewith invited for:
Position: Union Representative 2 (Full Time Temporary) – 3 month contract.
Salary: $3,191.00 bi-weekly
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement. Additionally, a condition of employment is to supply your own vehicle, also in accordance with the collective agreement. Some occasional travel within B.C. and Canada may be needed, as required.
If there are no qualified applicants to fill the position, MoveUP may consider applications for a Union Representative 1 position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities/Critical Tasks:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as spokesperson at negotiations for a number of different certifications that the union holds and work with elected bargaining committees to research and develop bargaining proposals.
- Research, argue and present Stage II & III grievances, arbitration cases, and cases at Labour Board hearings, and other labour relations duties.
- Interpret, administer and enforce collective agreements.
- Research and take forward job evaluation appeals.
- Research and take forward WCB appeals.
- Maintain good relationships with union officers and members in assigned areas. The assignment will include working with executive board members, councillors and stewards.
- Establish contacts with unorganized offices, professional groups and independent unions, especially in the private sector, who wish to affiliate with the MoveUP.
- Develop and work with employee committees within the above groups to campaign for union certification by canvassing employees at home and away from the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive previous union representative/spokesperson experience is essential. Experience in researching, presenting and arguing grievances at the advance stage, arbitration dispute resolution, presenting at arbitration is essential.
- Job evaluation experience and experience working with other unions/labour organizations an asset.
- Proven track record at the bargaining table. Experience leading bargaining and being a lead spokesperson in multiple rounds of bargaining is preferred.
- College or university degree/diploma in Labour Economics, Labour Relations, Personnel Administration, Commerce, or related social sciences or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills clearly evident both in person and over the phone.
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team based environment.
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Holly Choi, Human Resources at email@example.com by February 9, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director of Human Resources & Organizational Development