BCAA - Cost of Living Wage Increase

Wednesday, October 4, 2017
To: All MoveUP members at BCAA

We have been notified by BCAA that there was a 0.65% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) increase to your base salary, effective October 1, 2017. We are advised that BCAA non-management employees (including those at the top of their salary range) will receive this increase. Your collective agreement includes a “Me Too” wage provision that compels BCAA to provide any wage increase it offers non-bargaining unit employees to members of the bargaining unit as well. This 0.65% increase is in addition to the 1.25% previously bargained, which also took effect on October 1, 2017. Your total wage increase effective October 1, 2017 will be 1.9%.

Below is the amended salary grid for your reference.  This will replace the grid that’s in the existing collective agreement dated 2017/2018.

MONTHLY – 2017/2018 Scale (1.9% Market Adjustment)

                       

GRADE

75%

77.5%

80%

82.5%

85%

87.5%

90%

92.5%

95%

97.5%

100%

                       

1

1,817.03

1,877.60

1,938.17

1,998.74

2,059.30

2,119.87

2,180.44

2,241.01

2,301.57

2,362.14

2,422.71

2

1,998.64

2,065.26

2,131.88

2,198.50

2,265.12

2,331.74

2,398.37

2,464.99

2,531.61

2,598.23

2,664.85

3

2,199.02

2,272.32

2,345.62

2,418.92

2,492.23

2,565.53

2,638.83

2,712.13

2,785.43

2,858.73

2,932.03

4

2,419.24

2,499.88

2,580.52

2,661.16

2,741.80

2,822.44

2,903.09

2,983.73

3,064.37

3,145.01

3,225.65

5

2,661.37

2,750.08

2,838.79

2,927.50

3,016.22

3,104.93

3,193.64

3,282.35

3,371.07

3,459.78

3,548.49

6

2,927.51

3,025.09

3,122.67

3,220.26

3,317.84

3,415.42

3,513.01

3,610.59

3,708.17

3,805.76

3,903.34

7

3,220.78

3,328.14

3,435.50

3,542.86

3,650.21

3,757.57

3,864.93

3,972.29

4,079.65

4,187.01

4,294.37

8

3,543.28

3,661.39

3,779.50

3,897.61

4,015.71

4,133.82

4,251.93

4,370.04

4,488.15

4,606.26

4,724.37

9

3,898.13

4,028.06

4,158.00

4,287.94

4,417.88

4,547.81

4,677.75

4,807.69

4,937.63

5,067.56

5,197.50

Please let me know if you have any questions.

 

In solidarity,

 

Trevor Hansen
Union Representative