Want to bring MoveUP to your workplace? Read on!
Is it Time for a Union?
- I am not getting fair wages for my industry.
- I haven't had a raise for a very long time.
- The company is doing really well but employees are not sharing in the profits.
- I feel insecure in my job, even though I am a good worker. There are too many layoffs/firings for no good reason.
- I'm in a dead end job with no chance for advancement.
- I don't have benefits (pension, health care, sick leave) or the ones I have haven't improved for years.
- My employer is inconsistent or unfair with breaks and overtime.
- There is too much favouritism in my workplace.
- I'm not sure my workplace is a safe place to be. There are workplace hazards the employer refuses to address.
If any of these statements apply to you, it might be time to join a union.
All workers in British Columbia have a right to join a union. That right is protected under both federal and provincial labour law, the Canadian Charter of Human Rights and Canada's Constitution.
Under the BC Labour Relations Code you also have the right to propose that your fellow workers become members of a trade union and to participate in forming a union.
The Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union considers these rights fundamental in a democracy and will fight to protect them.
MoveUP can help you and your fellow workers get fair wages, benefits and job protection, and help eliminate discrimination, harassment or intimidation in the workplace.
- The first step is to contact us using phone or e-mail. Click here for our confidential contact webform.
- Print off, sign, and submit a MoveUP membership card.
- You may also want to read commonly asked questions answered in our FAQ.
We treat all enquiries in the strictest of confidentiality. Your name, phone number
or e-mail address is shared with no one. That's a guarantee.
|Download a MoveUP Membership Card - PDF||192.23 KB|